[Macpartners] Dock bouncing icons

Kerem B Limon kerem.limon at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 1 16:03:41 EST 2004

Bill--

Dock Detox (currently at v1.2), a so-called free "haxie" from Unsanity
(http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/dockdetox) will do what you want:

>Dock Detox is a haxie that will remove application icon bouncing in the
>Dock. Normally in Mac OS X, you can turn off the application launch
>bounces, but not when a particular application is requesting your
>attention. Dock Detox alleviates the Dock from this excessive bouncing.

It does rely on the "APE (APplication Enhancer)"
(http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/ape/) engine by the same folks, also a free
download; however, some people have reported problems or issues with APE
though I've not encountered them in my testing.

Kerem