[Macpartners] Release Announcement: TSM 5.2 for Mac X and TSM 5.1.5 for Mac 9

Patrick Whitney pwhitney at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 11 15:22:19 EDT 2003

**Please forgive this second mailing of this message; The original message
was sent without a subject line.
Good day:

Macintosh OS 9 and OS X users will soon have a new version of the TSM
client application.

Tivoli has released TSM 5.2 for Macintosh OS X and in addition, now that
the new TSM servers are in place, TSM 5.1.5 now works on Macintosh OS 9.

A release team has been convened to create customized installers, test TSM
to detect any possible bugs or defects, update documentation to reflect any
known issues and ensure that support areas are ready when the products are
released to the MIT community.

Timeframe
Our goal is to have TSM ready for distribution early November.

Features in the new versions
TSM 5.1.5
Client now runs on OS 9 with the new TSM servers running version 5 of the
TSM server software.

TSM 5.2
Client now uses UNIX sockets for TCP/IP rather than OpenTransport as in 5.1.5

Testing
The release team is actively engaged in testing the clients on both OS X
and OS 9 Macintosh platforms and will report any problems or known issues.

Status of Release Effort
We will provide an update if our plans deviate from the November release
time regarding our testing and the status of the release.

In the meantime, you can go to http://web.mit.edu/swrt/releases/tsmmac/ for
further review of the team's efforts.

Patrick Whitney
TSM Product Release Coordinator