[lookit-research] survey about viability of funding Lookit via participating labs

Kim Scott kimscott at mit.edu
Thu Mar 30 21:47:22 EDT 2017

Hi folks,

As a few discussions continue about possible future homes for the Lookit
project once I graduate, we've started thinking more about the extent to
which this could be a self-supporting endeavor if labs paid to use the
system. (We're going for breaking even here, not making a profit - and the
code will always remain open source.)

If you have a few minutes, could you help by filling out the following
survey to give some estimates of what online testing would be worth to your
lab? This is essentially a sanity check - very approximate answers are
fine, and responses are anonymous.

Survey link: https://goo.gl/forms/Fq2iGMEsVwL9Aafp1

Beta testing is chugging along - our first study implemented for another
lab is collecting data now (https://lookit.mit.edu/studies - "Baby
Euclid"), and we have three more in the works to start testing this summer!

best,
Kim

---
Kim Scott
Ph.D. candidate | Early Childhood Cognition Lab | MIT
kimscott at mit.edu |  www.mit.edu/~kimscott/ <http://www.mit.edu/%7Ekimscott/>