[LCM Events] ArabNet 2010: Nurturing the Internet Ecosystem in the MENA - SPREAD THE WORD

Georges Aoude gaoude at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 23 11:50:07 EST 2010

Below is the press release of of ArabNet 2010, a conference on the Arab web
industry. Dana Najjar, a current MIT student, is involved in the
organization of the event. Please help spread the word and raise the profile
of the Arab world as an international hub for technology innovation and
investments.

Thanks,
Georges

> ArabNet 2010: Nurturing the Internet Ecosystem in the MENA

Highly anticipated and finally here is the first international conference
> for the Arab Internet industry. IBAG, the International Business Alliance
> Group, presents ArabNet 2010: Trends and Opportunities in Arab Web Business.
> The conference will be held in Beirut on March 25-26, 2010 in collaboration
> with the Central Bank of Lebanon, with the support of Bader Lebanon,
> Endeavor Jordan, the Queen Rania Center for Entrepreneurship, the Syrian
> Young Entrepreneurs Association, YallaStartup!, and the Telecom Regulatory
> Association of Lebanon.

ArabNet is bringing together the Internet community to network and help
> launch the hottest startups from across the region.  Top investors, Internet
> executives and leaders from Google, Yahoo!, Facebook, AdMob, Intel, Al
> Jazeera, and many others will address subjects that are critical to the Arab
> Web Industry including: e-commerce, gaming, mobile, content, online
> advertising, social networking, new media, and start-up fundraising.

Key to the conference are pitch sessions: Ideathon & Startup Demo.  This is
> the place to match talent with opportunity.  The Ideathon is looking for 10
> select entrepreneurs to introduce their fresh startup ideas to eager
> investors in a rapid-fire pitch session.  Similarly, the Startup Demo will
> select startups with innovative products to pitch and exhibit their
> companies for the duration of the conference.  The Startup Demo is held with
> the generous support of Aramex.  We are currently accepting applications
> from entrepreneurs and startups from all over the MENA region.

ArabNet 2010 Early Registration ends on February 28 2010, Register Now to

Visit http://www.ArabNet.me <http://www.arabnet.me/> to Register for ArabNet

--
Georges Aoude
Ph.D. Candidate