[LCM Events] Award Winners - 5th Annual MIT ASO Science and Technology Awards Banquet

Hazem Zureiqat hazemz at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 17 11:55:33 EDT 2008

Dear members and friends of the MIT Arab Students Organization,

It is my pleasure to announce the winners of this year's Young Professional
Award, Graduate Student Award, and Undergraduate Student Award. The three
awards will be presented at the 5th Annual MIT ASO Science and Technology
Awards Banquet, during which we will honor Dr. Ahmed Zewail, Professor of
Chemistry and Physics at Caltech and winner of the 1999 Nobel Prize in
Chemistry.

The winners are:

*Young Professional Award:*

Dr. Dina Katabi

Associate Professor

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

*Graduate Student Award:*

Loai Naamani

Doctoral Student

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

*Undergraduate Student Award:*

Ibrahim Kanan

Class of 2008

Department of Mechnical Engineering

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

On behalf of the Selection Committee, the ASO Executive Committee, and the
organizing committee for the 5th Annual MIT ASO Science and Technology
Awards Banquet, I would like to congratulate the three winners for being
selected to receive this year's awards. The winners were chosen based on
their scholastic, research, and community achievements and contributions.
They represent the excellence and high distinction that have become a
trademark of the ASO's science and technology awards.

I would also like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the exceptional
pool of nominations that we received over the past few weeks. Each and every
nominee was truly worthy of the award for which they were being nominated.
The competition this year was unprecedented and only made the job of the
selection committee members harder!

The 5th Annual MIT ASO Science and Technology Awards Banquet will be held at
6pm on Saturday, April 26, 2008, at the Republic Ballroom in the Sheraton
Boston Hotel and Towers.

Details on ticket sales will be announced later today. We look forward to
seeing you all at the awards banquet.

Kind Regards,

Hazem Zureiqat
Lead Organizer
MIT ASO 5th Annual Science and Technology Awards Banquet

hazemz at mit.edu