[LCM Events] Theatrical Performance in Beirut on Lebanese Emigration

Zeina Saab zsaab at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 1 10:43:24 EST 2008

Dear All,

For those of you coming to Lebanon during the holiday season, you might be
interested in watching a play in Hamra called "Long Was the Night at the Gates
of the Embassy" - which is about the struggles youth are facing in Lebanon and
their aspirations and attempts to emigrate.

While it has received some criticism, the choreography, music, and artistic
representation are, in my opinion, quite good.  I encourage you to check it out
- if anything, to support Lebanese theatre and young talent.

Details:
Masrah Al Madina, Saroulla Building, Hamra
8.30pm Thursday ? Sunday, until December 31
Telephone:  01 753 010

Here is a review:

http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticleDetails.aspx?ID=65932&MID=123&PID=2

Best,