[LCM Events] liver foundation PLS READ

Gaylee Saliba gaylee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 13:55:44 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

My name is Gaylee Saliba and I am a member of the LCM. I went to MIT and
finished my undergrad and masters in 2005. Some of you may know me and
others not. After graduating I stayed in Boston for work.

I have run the Boston marathon in 2004 and 2005. My mother has always been
my inspiration. This past year, despite being a qualified runner, my mother
chose to run for a charity – the American Liver Foundation (ALF) Run for
Research (RFR) team. In April 2006, I accompanied her to their pre-marathon
dinner and was incredibly moved by the speeches, the teamwork and the
mission of the charity. The team was highly motivated in raising funds for
their cause. I knew at that point that if I were to run Boston again, it
would be for this great charity. Here we are, 2007, and I'm very excited to
participate in the 2007 Boston marathon and run for the American Liver
Foundation RFR team. This will be my 4th marathon, 3rd Boston marathon. The
event will be held on April 16th 2007 and I encourage all of you local to
Boston or around the area to watch as it is a definite must-see. You would
also be able to see all the team members – including myself – running the
lengthy and hilly 26.2 miles of the prestigious Boston marathon in support
of this wonderful cause. The American Liver Foundation is the US's leading
nonprofit organization promoting liver health and disease prevention. ALF
provides research, education and advocacy for those affected by
liver-related diseases, including hepatitis. Your sponsorship will help RFR
in its mission to raise funds in the fight against liver disease.

I have been matched to a patient; a 12 year-old boy named Dominic who has
already had 3 liver transplants. My mother ran for him last year and this
year I will be fortunate enough to do so.

http://www.active.com/donate/liverteam07/gayleesaliba

You can donate online within minutes by entering your amount in the box.
All contributions are tax-deductible. No amount is ever too little or ever
too much.

Thanking you in advance for your generous donations!
Gaylee