[LCM Events] Bassam Saba Ensemble to perform in Lexington, MA May 8 - Please distribute to your list

Elaine Hagopian echagop at verizon.net
Mon Feb 26 08:32:25 EST 2007

Evelyn Abdalah Menconi

Memorial Cultural Series

      Co-Sponsors:  The William G. Abdalah Library,
The American-Arab Media Foundation, and
The Lebanese Club at MIT.

The Sounds of Arab Classical Music

featuring

The Bassam Saba Ensemble

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

National Heritage Museum

33 Marrett Road, Lexington, MA 02421

(Directions and map on back)
Reception: 6:00 to 6:45 p.m.
 Program: 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.

All proceeds from the sale of tickets will support relief and
reconstruction efforts in Lebanon
as part of the “Boston to Lebanon” campaign.

Tickets: $25.00    Students and Seniors: $20.00
Tickets may be purchased at the door or online at:
http://web.mit.edu/lebanon/www/events/upcoming/SabaConcert0507/index.htm

Bassam Saba is a world-renowned instrumentalist, conductor, and
composer.  He is recognized internationally for his masterful
performance on the Nay, Flute, Oud and Violin and for his original
compositions. Other performers in the Ensemble include April Centrone,
Percussionist, Matt Kilmer, Percussionist, Thomas Bramerie, Double
Bassist, and Ramzi Moufarej, Pianist.

The Series honors the legacy of the late Dr. Evelyn Abdalah Menconi,
known for introducing Arab cultural traditions to the public and
highlighting achievements of gifted Arab-Americans.

For program information, please call 781-762-4160 or 781-648-1245.
For museum information and directions, go to www.monh.org
<http://www.monh.org/>  or call 781-861-6559.
Open to the public - Wheelchair accessible - Plenty of free parking

We hope you and your friends will join us for this special evening.

National Heritage Museum
33 Marrett Road (At the intersection of Route 2A and Massachusetts
Avenue)
Lexington, MA 02421
(781) 861-6559

Map and Directions

>From I-95/128: Take Exit 30A. This exit will put you onto Route 2A East
(also known as Marrett Road).    The museum is located approximately 3
miles from the exit. The museum’s entrance will be on your left.   Look
for a brick wall and large iron gates.

>From Route 495: Take Route 2 East to Exit 55 Pleasant Street, Waltham
and Lexington. At the end of the ramp, make a left onto Pleasant Street.
Go ½ mile, and merge left onto Routes 4/225. At the end of the road,
turn left onto Massachusetts Avenue. At the junction of Rte. 2A and
Massachusetts Avenue take a left onto Route 2A West. The museum’s
entrance is your first right. Look for a brick wall and large iron
gates.

>From Boston: Take Route 2 West to exit 56 (toward Lexington and
Bedford). Turn right at the end of the ramp, following the sign for
Routes 4/225. Turn right onto Routes 4/225, which then merges right onto
Pleasant St. At the end of the road, turn left onto Massachusetts
Avenue. At the junction of Rte. 2A and Massachusetts Avenue, take a left
onto Route 2A West. The museum’s entrance is your first right. Look for
a brick wall and large iron gates.

>From the Massachusetts Turnpike: Get on Route I-95/128 North and take
Exit 30A. This exit will put you onto Route 2A East (also known as
Marrett Road). The museum is located approximately 3 miles from the
exit. The museum’s entrance will be on your left. Look for a brick wall
and large iron gates.

Public Transportation:  Monday through Saturday from Boston/Cambridge:
Take subway (Red Line) to Alewife Station. Change to bus #62 or #76 to
the museum. The museum is located at the intersection of Massachusetts
Avenue (Route 4) and Route 2A West (Marrett Road).