[LCM Events] Public Service Center paid fellowships (for work in Lebanon)

Heather Trickett trickett at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 26 13:17:05 EDT 2006

Hi, everyone.

I would like to bring to your attention that the MIT Public Service
Center is now receiving fellowship applications until October 20 for
IAP. Through the Fellowships program, the PSC has supported past
reconstruction activities after major devastatation, including projects
in Sri Lanka and Indonesia after the Tsunami, as well as in New Orleans
after Katrina.  With all the help that Lebanon needs now, use your
skills and talents (at all levels, i.e., technical, engineering,
humanities, management, social, and otherwise) to assist in its
reconstruction and rehabilitation. The deadline for IAP is coming up,
October 20. (I believe the deadline for summer fellowships will be in
March '07.) I think the best bets are the Independent and Vector
Fellowships (you can design your own project), so check out the web
site and talk to Alison Hynd, who runs the program (see below).

Knowing that the major efforts are going to be launched in the coming
year - 2007, I believe this is a timely opportunity.

Thanks,
Heather Trickett

----
IAP Fellowships
For IAP, we welcome capacity-building community service projects in all
fields. Students can apply for our advertised Focus Fellowships and the
team Network Fellowships, or they may design their own Independent or
Vector Fellowships. Undergraduates who have faculty advisors for their
projects can apply for Baker Fellowships.

This IAP, we particularly encourage students to develop projects
focused on Hurricane Katrina Relief, Building Capacity for the City of
Lawrence, or Poverty Action.

The deadline to apply for IAP Fellowships is Friday, October 20, at
noon.
Check out all the opportunities at http://mit.edu/mitpsc/fellowships/
New projects are added over time, so keep checking back.
Questions? Contact Alison at fellowships-staff at mit.edu

-----
Heather Trickett
Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator