[LCM Events] Important: Change of venue for Arabic Hour event on November 3!!

Souad srdajani at netzero.com
Sun Oct 29 12:51:39 EST 2006

The Arabic Hour

An American Arab media foundation, Inc. Production

P. O, Box 320012 West Roxbury, MA 02132,

Tel. 617 323 2226 www.arabic.hour.org <http://www.arabic.hour.org/>

October 29 2006

Dear Arabic Hour Program Friend and Supporter

   We are deeply sorry to inform you that due to circumstances beyond our
control, we are forced to change the venue for our 25th Anniversary
Celebration and Fundraiser event on November 3rd. We truly regret any
inconvenience this may cause and will do our best to accommodate any of your
needs.

The event will now take place at the Regent Theatre at 7 Medford Street in
Arlington, MA instead of Boston University. The Regent Theatre is a quaint
New England theater with a comfortable auditorium and a great sound system.
It is easily accessible by car and public transit and there is ample parking
in the municipal lot across the street (see directions below).

We are very committed to making sure that all arrangements at the new venue
live up to our high standards. The program is still scheduled to start at 7
pm sharp as originally planned (doors open at 6:45 pm), and all our
scheduled performers are committed to being there and are eager to
contribute to the success of this event. We hope you are looking forward as
much as we are to performances by the hilariously funny and entertaining
stand up comics, Dean Obeidallah and Ronnie Khalil and to the unforgettable
dance performances by Stars of the East and Friends.

We look forward to seeing you at our celebration on November 3 and again
regret any inconvenience.  Those of you who requested tickets held at the
door will still be able to get them there and we hope you take this
opportunity to inform more of your friends about our milestone celebration.

Please make sure you forward this information about change of venue to all
your lists, friends and other contacts whom you may have informed about the
event.

Please feel free to contact us should you require any more information. We
look forward to seeing you on November 3rd and as always, we thank you for
your support.

Best regards

Semaan Haidar

The Regent Theatre:

7 Medford Street, Arlington, MA

Tel. 781-646-4849

http://www.regenttheatre.com/directions.html

DIRECTIONS

The Regent Theatre has FREE parking  nights and weekends right across  the
street from the theatre!!

FROM ROUTE 128 NORTH OR SOUTH:
Take Route 2 East, exit number 29A (Arlington/Cambridge).
Go 4 miles and take exit number 59 (Route 60 toward Arlington Center).
Go 1 mile and turn right at taffic light onto Mass. Ave.
Then turn left at next traffic light onto Medford Street.

FROM HARVARD SQUARE:
Follow Mass. Ave. into Arlington.

Once you enter Arlington, go 1.2 miles, through 5 traffic lights, and
Medford Street will be at your 5th traffic light.

FROM ROUTE 93 NORTH:
Take exit number 31, (Route 16/Mystic Valley Parkway) toward Arlington.
Stay on Mystic Valley Parkway (Route 16 West).
At the rotary take the 2nd exit onto Alewife Brook Parkway, staying on Route
16 West.
Turn right at Mass. Ave, go 1.2 miles, through 5 traffic lights, and Medford
Street will be at your 5th traffic light.

FROM ROUTE 93 SOUTH:
Take exit number 32 (Route 60/Medford Square/Malden).
At the rotary take the first exit onto Salem Street (follow Route 60
West/Arlington).
Merge onto Main Street (straight through the Square)
and turn right onto Route 16 West which becomes Mystic Valley Parkway.
At the rotary, take the 2nd exit onto Alewife Brook Parkway, staying on
Route 16 West.
Turn right at Mass. Ave, go 1.2 miles, through 5 traffic lights, and Medford
Street will be at your 5th traffic light.

Map
<http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&formtype=search&cou
ntryid=US&addtohistory=&country=US&address=7+medford+Street+&city=Arlington&
state=MA&zipcode=&submit=Get+Map>  Directions

BY PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION (you have 3 options; see bus schedules on web):
1. If you are coming by commuter rail or any other train, get onto the Red
line, heading Outbound. Get off at Harvard Square or Porter Square and take
the 77 Arlington Heights bus. You will pass through Cambridge and eventually
hit Alewife Brook, A Mobile Gas station will be on your right. Keep on it
until you hit 5 traffic lights and get off at the corner (directly across
from Starbucks). Medford Street will be on your right.

2. Get onto the Red line, heading Outbound. Take the T all the way to
Alewife Station, which will be the last stop. Take the 79 bus or the 350 bus
(which will drop you off directly in Arlington Center). You will see
Starbucks on your right where you should turn right onto Medford Street.

2. You can also take the D Green line to Lechmere (the last stop), and
switch to the 80 bus which will drop you off directly in front of the
theatre. You can also take the 87 bus, get off at the last stop, and from
there and walk about a block until you see Starbucks on your right. The
Regent Theatre is around the corner.