[LCM Events] Watching Lebanon in the Basketball World Cup

Georges Aoude gaoude at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 15 12:06:46 EDT 2006

Hi! Many have shown interest in watching Lebanon playing in the coming
basketball world cup that starts this friday. It's a great opportunity for us
to see our Lebanese squad playing against very strong and famous basketball
teams that have many players in the NBA.

Here is a link of the page showing all the channels broadcasting this world cup:
http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/06_wcm/mediCent/tvBroaCast/fe_mediCent_tvBroaCast.asp?selNodeID=693&openNodeIDs=693&eventID=3507&roundID=3507

The American Channels (ESPN2/NBATV) will only broadcast the games of the
American team. But we know that Aljazeera Sports is airing all Lebanon's games
for sure. So does anyone know a place where we can watch Aljazeera Sports? Or
how can we subscribe to it? If subscribing to Aljazeera Sports is not possible,
what about all the other channels on that list? Is any of them showing Lebanon's
games?

The first game of Lebanon is this Friday on 10:20pm (Eastern Time). We will be
playing against Venezuela. It will be great to get together, watch the game,
have some drinks, and celebrate the end of the war! Please reply back to
lebanon-events at mit.edu so we all get updated at the same time.

Thanks!

Georges Aoude
Graduate Student
Aerospace Controls Laboratory
Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Building 37, Room 372B
tel: (617) 324-7521
cell: (617) 314-4375