[LCM Events] [URGENT] Sunday Meeting

Loai Naamani loai at MIT.EDU
Sat Feb 19 20:44:22 EST 2005

Greetings,

Thank you all for your time and efforts in helping plan the Justice for Lebanon demonstration (in follow-up to previous call for
action; email attached below). The ever-growing participation and dedication to this event are nothing short of admirable.

This is to confirm that the 3rd planning meeting will take place tomorrow, Sunday, at 5pm. Lets gather at the MIT Student Center
lobby (map <http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?mapterms=w20> ) and proceed to the meeting place.

If you haven't done so already, please sign-up to lebanon-justice at mit.edu to stay up to date with the latest preparations and
announcements related to this event. You can do so here:

For more information, email lebanon-justice at mit.edu or call 617.452.5380/617.939.6363

Hope to see you there,
L.

  _____

From: Loai Naamani [mailto:loai at mit.edu]
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 11:44 AM
To: 'Friends of Lebanon'
Subject: Exceptional Meeting

Greetings,

To start with, many thanks to all who attended the Chomsky event this week. There was an almost 400 person attendance. Our turnout
in number and in unity was admirable... yet falls short - very short - of the sense of solidarity and commitment satiating Lebanon
those few days.

This email is a call for action. To act in your capacity as a human, before and irrespective of your nationality and
political/religious affiliation(s).

A large-scale congregation is being planned to loudly demonstrate our anger and demands in an effective yet realistic manner. Many
groups in Greater Boston have already expressed their heartfelt interest in participating and have presented their own set of
logistical and content requirements under which they would like to assemble.

To this end, another exceptional meeting will take place tonight (Thursday) at 8:00pm in the MIT Student Center (map
<http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?mapterms=w20> ) to unanimously agree on the statement/headlines of this rally and finalize
logistics. Representatives of other groups will be attending. This is not an LCM meeting, but that of anyone interested in lending a
hand and an opinion to shaping this rally and the future of a nation.

Whether you can make it to the meeting tonight or not, please take as many of the following steps as possible to contribute to this
effort:

1)     Forward this email and put the word through to each and every one you feel could contribute. Think beyond your smaller
ethnic/national/religious circles. Many of our local friends are alien to how such tragic events could be as casual as sneezing in
our part of the world; this would be a great opportunity to share our cause, frustration, and willingness to act. If you are
receiving this and not in New England, please forward to your New England contacts.

2)     If you have the slightest interest in attending tonight, joining the rally, and/or stay updated with the preparations for and
echo of this event, please sign up to a new dedicated list: lebanon-justice at mit.edu. You can do so here:
letters.

3)     Attend tonight's meeting at 8:00pm in the MIT Student Center (map <http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?mapterms=w20> ) to
unanimously agree on the statement/headlines of this rally and finalize logistics. If you arrive late, please take the stairs to the
last floor.

4)     Share with the list above any pertinent ideas, suggestions, questions, contacts, and/or media strategies you have, yet won't
be able to bring to the meeting/rally. Please don't let email replace your much needed physical presence.

5)     Plan ahead to contribute a few hours of your time next week to physically join the rally.

Please don't presume the rally too general or too specific for your own personal views to be conveyed. Some thought so of Lebanon,
and yet it still stands too large to be swallowed and too small to be divided.

One gravely wonders what more should happen before we make a move to conquer - not await - change. If what happened isn't the right
impetus, perhaps nothing will be. B. Russell once said: "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - If fools and/or fanatics brought us this far, I hope that our wisdom
doesn't leave us here... in doubt, in stagnation.

Ever grateful,
Loai