[LCM Articles] Startup in Harvard Sq. looking for a Manager of Mobile Software

Ghinwa Choueiter ghinwa at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 2 16:23:35 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I work at a start-up called Vlingo, which was founded by a few MIT
alumni, and we are looking to fill a technical manager position. See
posting below. Please email me back if you are interested.

Thank you.

Ghinwa

*MANAGER OF MOBILE SOFTWARE*

We’re looking for a Technical Manager to lead a small team developing
speech recognition applications for mobile devices. The ideal candidate
must be able to combine technical leadership, project management skills,
and team leadership capabilities to drive delivery to large wireless
OEMs and carriers.

Responsibilities are:

- Manage small team of 2-3 developers to deliver client application
software for BlackBerry, Android, and Java ME devices.

- Work with team to create technical specifications, architecture
design, and project plans.

- Track progress against plan and ensure that there is adequate staff to
deliver.

- Assist with development tasks as required (25-50% of total effort)

- Consult with other functions such as quality assurance, product
management, and marketing to help deliver on the full product offering.

Requirements are:

- Must have experience building user-facing products

- Must have experience with designing and developing APIs and libraries

- Must have 5+ years of experience with Java and C++

- Must have experience building mobile or PC-based products (vs. only
web-based products)

- Must have strong insights on product definition and user interface design

- Must have experience with designing large software systems

- Must have had prior experience with managing a team and managing large
projects

- Must be able to interact effectively with Vlingo corporate partners
and customers