[LCM Articles] Looking for Arab-Americans and Muslim-Americans NOT voting for Obama

Farrah Haidar binta3rab at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 15:56:21 EDT 2008

Hi, all -

I am pitching a story showing the nuanced variances of Arab-American and
Muslim-American opinion. With all these talk of "Obama rhymes with Osama",
the assumption is that all Muslim-Americans and Arab-Americans will go for
Obama but the polls show differently.  Arab-Americans were evenly split
among party lines in 2000 and are now slowly moving to the Democratic party.
The ones moving to the Democratic party are polling more favorable for
Clinton.  Muslim-Americans are usually overwhelming Democratic but have
polled more favorably for Clinton than Obama.

I am looking for Arab-Americans or Muslim-Americans who are NOT supporting
Obama to talk about why they support their preferred candidate, etc.  They
should be willing to reveal their name.

If you are interested (or know someone who is), please contact me at the
contact information below.

Thanks,

Farrah Haidar

p: 617.500.4964