[LCM Articles] oops--forgot that last one....

Tzovig Ramian tzovig at gmail.com
Thu May 15 05:10:23 EDT 2008

Peace Vs. Justice. That's the other thing. Which do you value more? Some
want peace and injustice. Others want justice forsaking peace. Galtung
talks about the violence when either is lacking, and it's a personal
preference. Would you rather live with direct violence of people killing
people if it'll eventually get you to social justice and equality (which
is what Islam values--social justice that is)? Or do you live with
indirect violence of racism, discrimination, and corruption if it means
at least no one's killing each other and you make nice with your
neighbor (which is what Christianity values--love they neighbor,
forgive, that is)?

Ok, it's generalizing a good deal, but think about it. Personally. Which
do you want? Peace or Justice. The Lebanese are unfortunately split on
this.

Hugs,
~Tzovig