[LCM Articles] Victims in Virginia Tech Massacre - Pass it on!

Abdallah Jabbour abdallah.jabbour at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 19:13:10 EDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Maroon, Joyce Marie <Maroon_Joyce at gsb.stanford.edu>
Date: Apr 17, 2007 4:00 PM
Subject: Victims in Virginia Tech Massacre - Pass it on!
To: leb-students at lists.stanford.edu

 *Dear All,*

*I am sure that by now, most of you have heard the Horrific news about the
massacre that took place at Virginia Tech yesterday, what you may not know
is that there were two Lebanese students that were among the victims, Reema
Samaha and Ross Abdallah* *Alameddine.  This is a terrible tragedy for all
the victims and their families and not to mention to all of us on campuses
throughout the country.  *

*I have been able to obtain the address for Ms. Samaha's parents and thought
it would be great if fellow Lebanese students (and/or Fellow Lebanese)
around the country could write a brief note to her parents expressing our
condolences and letting them know they are not alone in this loss.  I
thought initially of our Lebanese students around the country, as this is an
issue that concerns all of us….I encourage you all to send this out to your
friends around the country at different universities so that we may spread
the word to bring back a bit of our homeland  compassion and sympathy to Ms.
Samaha's and Mr. Alameddine's family.*

*If you are interested in sending out a note/card to the family please
e-mail me and I will forward to you their address.  I do not have
information on Mr. Alameddine yet, as soon as I do, I will let you know.
Allah yerhamon!*

*Kind regards,*

*Joyce*

*Joyce Marie Maroon**
*Dean's Office
Stanford Graduate School of Business
518 Memorial Way
Stanford, CA 94305-5015
Tel: (650) 723-3424, Fax: (650) 725-6125
Email:* **maroon_joyce at gsb.stanford.edu**
"You must be the change you want to see in the World"*

*NBC VIDEO*

  • *Reema Samaha*
April 17: TODAY host Matt Lauer talks to the siblings of Reema Samaha, a
freshman at Virginia Tech who died in the shootings.

NBC News

  *Reema Samaha*, 18, from Centreville, Va., a freshman who also performed
with the school's Contemporary Dance Ensemble. Her brother Omar, a Virginia
Tech graduate, told NBC's TODAY show that she was shot dead while in French
class.**

Her sister Rhonda added that "she was pretty much my second half, we did
everything together. I looked up to her, and she looked up to me."

Their father, Joe Samaha, told "Dateline NBC" that "she was a beautiful
person and that's what I'll remember her as. We've lost a very talented
beautiful young lady who was growing here at the university. Her heart was
in dance and theater and she belonged to a contemporary dance ensemble here
and she loved that very much."

Katerina Rodgaard, in a posting to MSNBC.com, said she had been a dance
instructor to Samaha. "I will never forget her constant smile," she wrote.
"So much positive energy. She was such a beautiful dancer as well. ... We
were all like a family and she will be missed dearly. She loved being in
dance class and I was so proud to hear that she continued her dancing in
college. So young, so beautiful and so talented. I'm still in shock."

Samaha and another victim, Erin Peterson, graduated from Westfield High in
Chantilly, Va., in 2006, three years after the alleged gunman, Cho
Seung-Hui, graduated from the same school. It was not clear if they knew
each other.

[image: IMAGE: Ross Abdallah Alameddine]

Ross Abdallah Alameddine / myspace.com
 ------------------------------

  *Ross Abdallah* *Alameddine*, 20, of Saugus, Mass. He was a sophomore
English major who was gunned down in French class.

Alameddine's mother, Lynnette Alameddine, said Tuesday that she was "trying
to get through the day here."

Alameddine was a graduate of Austin Preparatory School in Reading, Mass.

Friends created a memorial page on Facebook.com that described Alameddine as
"an intelligent, funny, easy going guy."

"You're such an amazing kid, Ross," wrote Zach Allen, who also attended
Austin Prep, according to his profile. "You always made me smile, and you
always knew the right thing to do or say to cheer anyone up."

Lynnette Alameddine said she was outraged by how the events were handled.
"It happened in the morning and I did not hear (about Ross's death) until a
quarter to 11 at night," she said. "That was outrageous. Two kids died, and
then they shoot a whole bunch of them, including my son."

---