[LCM Articles] primary day sept. 19

Walid Gellad wgellad at hsph.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 13 14:01:09 EDT 2006

Dear All,

I apologize if you are reading this a second time. If not interested in
political organizing, then do not read on.

The only democrat in Massachusetts challenging a congressional incumbent
is named Phil Dunkelbarger. He has met with Lebanese Americans in
Massachusetts to ask for our help.  He came to our rallies in Copley
square in support of Lebanon.  If he is to beat the incumbent, Stephen
Lynch, who is not a friend of Lebanon, he will need our help.  For
Lebanese Americans to have any success influencing foreign policy, we
need to start locally, and this is our chance.

If you are interested in helping, please continue to read. You will have
a chance to meet the candidate, and get a taste of grass roots
organizing. The Massachusetts primary is next week Sept. 19th. His
campaign needs help getting the word out about Dunkelbarger.
Dunkelbarger is an opponent to the war in Iraq, while Stephen Lynch is a
strong supporter.  There are many more differences between the
candidates that I would encourage you to read about.

There is a group of us (Lebanese-Americans) meeting tomorrow, Thursday
Sept. 14th, at 565 Boylston Street in Copley Square, 3rd floor (same
space as ADC office) at 7pm to plan more activities, including standouts
at rush hour holding signs, and working at polling places on election
day to spread the word about Dunkelbarger.

Feel free to email me back at wgellad at hsph.harvard.edu if you are
interested and cannot attend tomorrow.  If we are to prevent further
wars on Lebanon, such as what happened in July, we need to act.

See the following editorial in the boston globe about Lynch, and also
see a link to his website.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2006/09/07/lynchs_misplaced_entitlement/
http://www.dunkelbargerdemocrat.org/index.html

Thank you for your help.

  DEFINITION OF THE 9TH DISTRICT IS BELOW.

9th district:

Boston:

   South Boston

   Roslindale