[LCM Articles] FW: Providence

Loai Naamani loai at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 31 01:24:53 EDT 2006

Just wanted to share this with you all,
L.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 7:48 PM

I was at your rally last friday night.  I drove up from Providence alone.
There have been no protests in Providence, yet there are thousands of
Lebanese.  I go to the Maronite Church here and there is no talk of a
protest.  I am not Lebanese and so do not want to throw my voice into the
mix, as I do not face the same pressures as local Lebanese face.  I want
them to do what is right for them.  Yet, if they were to protest, I would
stand with them and call for cease fire right here in our own city.

If there are no demonstrations here, I will continue to come to Boston.  I
went to Lebanon in June, and fell in love with the country.  I knew no one
there, and yet, I left convinced that there is not a more special place on
all of earth.  I came home convinced that I wanted to make Lebanon my  new
home.
Then 22 days later, Israel bombed the airport and my new friend was in
trouble.  I stand with Lebanon until this crisis is over. Let me know what I
can do.
Tim