[LCM Articles] We love you Robert Fisk!

Rabih Zbib rabih at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 20 19:51:18 EDT 2006

We are infinitely greatful for our dearest friend Robert Fisk for the
privilige of elevating us to the rank of full human beings, much different
than those other Arabs!

It amazes me -- I mean, living here in Beirut, as I have for 30 years. Here
are the Lebanese people, sophisticated, educated, cosmopolitan, people who
don't look like the Arab world, they look like us; I mean, people who could
be quite at home on the streets of Paris or New York and London, and some of
them are; people who read, who are very well educated; people who speak
English fluently, French beautifully, and fluent Arabic, as well, of course;
and who, when they die in such large numbers, the best we can produce is a
call for restraint by the State Department and a claim by the British, our
own dear Tony Blair, that the Israelis are using disproportionate force.