[LCM Articles] From Lebanon- Re:What is wrong with you people?

Hiba Bou Akar hiba at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 19 01:51:41 EDT 2006

You know what Jimmy, I have been living under the bombs for the past 7 days,
running from one place to another. I am not going to scream and shout on you
while you are living in the "peaceful" United States while I am living in the
"raped and destroyed" Lebanon. No, I don't agree with you that if I die now
that my death is worth it and people like you will be happy. It is my honor to
die for my country but for the sake of saving and rebuilding it my dear and not
for destroying it. Maybe you should come here for 1 day, since maybe 7 or 10 or
months is too much for you to take, this way you can get perspective. And the
fact that your house was destroyed does not give you any legitimacy to announce
me as martyr for the sake of your own and the Israeli cause. Well, my house is
being destroyed for the sixth time, is this a competition on whose house in
Lebanon get destroyed the most?
Please be sensitive.

----- Original Message -----
From: Jimmy Kassis
To: leb-students at lists.stanford.edu ; lebanon-articles at MIT.EDU
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 11:35 PM
Subject: Re: [LCM Articles] What is wrong with you people?? One more thing...

Instead of replying with emotionally charged responses, full of personal
attacks, I would appreciate if you actually come up with alternative ideas of
disarming Hisballah, i.e. curing the deadly cancer, rather than giving it a
Tylenol by saying STOP THE WAR!!  I want to know what is next?? spend the next
20 years negotiating with them while they build up their capabilities again?