Query regarding "Kerberos 5 Release 1.20/1.21"

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Sun Jul 9 02:24:24 EDT 2023

On 7/9/23 01:32, Kumar, Gaurav via krbdev wrote:
> Hi Team,
> We are planning to upgrade OpenSSL to 3.x version. According to  https://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-1.20/README-1.20.txt, major changes are done in krb5-1.20 and it is compatible with OpenSSL 3.x.
> Does krb5-1.20/1.21 support IBM AIX ( as we faced issues with AIX in the past) ?
> If not supported,
>
>    *   Is there any plan to support IBM AIX ?
>    *    Is there any limitation in IBM AIX by which it was not supported ?

AIX is not an actively supported platform and I have no plans to
increase support for it.  I am happy to review and merge pull requests
to fix AIX issues if they don't add too much complexity.

The last pull request to mention AIX was
https://github.com/krb5/krb5/pull/693 .  That PR left one build issue
unfixed, which can likely be worked around by configuring with
LIBS=-lpthreads.

The last RT ticket to mention AIX was
https://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=8632 .  Per that ticket
I believe the internal test suite doesn't pass on AIX.