LDFLAGS in krb5-config --libs, but not in pkg-config

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon May 2 16:11:37 EDT 2022

>So we could omit LDFLAGS (substitute it with nothing, like we do for
>CFLAGS already) while keeping the rpath options generated by the build
>machinery.

That sounds fine to me.

BTW, I am now remembering why I wasn't so crazy about pkg-config; for
MIT Kerberos at least there are no rpath options that made it into
the pkgconfig file.  And it's not clear to me from a quick Google
what the general consensus is in terms of handling rpath options
for pkgconfig files.

--Ken