Support for building as static library

Thomas Sondergaard thomas at sondergaard.cc
Thu Jun 30 11:57:38 EDT 2022

Hi,

I would like to make a conan.io package of MIT kerberos. It is standard for
Conan packages to provide an option to build as static or shared library.
In this context I have run into problems building krb5 as a static library.

I have found the following two tickets that indicate that I am not the
first to run into this problem:

* https://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=3838
* https://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=8996

The first ticket has not been updated in a long time and there is no
response on the second ticket. So I thought I'd ask here: What is the state
of support for building krb5 as a static library?

https://github.com/conan-io/conan-center-index/issues/4102

Best regards,
Thomas