Windows Credential Guard with MSLSA

Seshan Parameswaran seshan.parameswaran at oracle.com
Mon Jun 27 02:39:59 EDT 2022

I am not looking to get the TGT Session Key but rather achieve the same functionality that AllowTGTSessionKey would with credential cache stored in MSLSA, that is obtain TGT and Service Tickets, in a Linux environment, with MSLSA fronting Credential Guard that the LSA APIs would be interacting with to retrieve the TGT and service tickets.  The scenario in a gist is as follows in Linux environment

  1.  When the credential cache is stored in MSLSA, we can set the LSA Kerberos parameter AllowTgtSessionKey and use MIT library to retrieve the TGT.
  2.  With Windows Credential Guard,  it is not possible to enable sharing the TGT session keys with applications using the AllowTgtSessionKey as it is maintained and managed by Windows Credential Guard.  However with Windows MIT Library it seems to be possible to invoke innate API calls as you have mentioned to obtain the TGT.  When it comes to Linux, I am not aware of any such API or patch for that matter, that when used would work seamlessly with Windows Credential Guard.  I am looking for this specific information.