[External] : Re: Windows Credential Guard with MSLSA

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at mit.edu
Sun Jun 26 01:06:37 EDT 2022

I have no data about scenarios with credential guard.

Almost a decade ago, when I was working on KfW, I was able to use the MSLSA cache
with AllowTgtSessionKey=false, with the KfW logic essentially being "if the
application asks for a ticket, assume that if the LSA shows anything at
all, we have some credentials, so ask the LSA for the specific (session)
ticket we want".  (IIRC the triggering condition at the time was that
AllowTgtSessionKey stopped having an effect for users that are local
administrators, but I could be misremembering.)

This was of course on native Windows, not using a MSLSA library for linux.

-Ben