using keytab with preauth and ldap alias canonicalization

Chris Hecker checker at d6.com
Mon Oct 4 00:28:09 EDT 2021

Wait, so to be clear, at the time when I create the keytab I don't know
if the princ is canonical or not.  So I need to use that new API on each
princ after the user enters it, and use that to create the keytab?

Is there a way to do this with the API before 1.17 or do I need to
update everything?  Is this only on the client, or does the KDC need to
be 1.17 as well?

Chris