Big Sur & MIT Kerberos no longer interoperate

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Mar 19 20:02:14 EDT 2021

So we have noticed in our testing that SOMETHING has changed on Big Sur,
and MIT Kerberos and the vendor MacOS X Kerberos no longer interoperate.
Specifically, MIT Kerberos and Big Sur Kerberos cannot see each other's
credential caches; a "kinit" with one implementation has credential
caches that are not visible from the other.  I thought maybe that this
was something broken in our version, but a stock MIT Kerberos 1.19.1
behaves the same way.

I haven't yet dug into this, but before I started I was wondering if anyone
else had.

--Ken