[RFC] Improvements to KCM prococol and notification mechanism

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Thu Feb 4 12:53:44 EST 2021

On 2/4/21 5:25 AM, Pavel Březina wrote:
> The goal is to provide common interface that would yield a path on which
> consumers can inotify, obviously other mechanisms could be use on other
> platforms eg fswatch on Mac.

I guess an application could always fall back to polling the file if the
platform has no inotify equivalent.  It would be cheaper than polling
the ccache.

But what path would the KEYRING type return?  I took a look at the
general notification mechanism in Linux 5.8 and it doesn't seem to go
through the filesystem.

(MEMORY also can't satisfy the interface, but as long as it can return
an error that's probably not a problem.)