Not building kcpytkt/kdeltkt

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed Aug 4 13:34:20 EDT 2021

>> But the fact that krb5_cc_remove_cred() is used by Samba suggests to me
>> that kdeltkt might be useful on other platforms, especially if you're
>> using a Windows DC?
>
>I don't think that follows.  krb5's API covers a much wider range of
>functionality than the CLI does.  There needs to be a stronger case than
>"might be useful" to ship something.

I guess I was thinking of what I would call the next logical steps:

- Samba has found it useful to be able to delete a specific service ticket
  from a credential cache when communicating with a Windows DC, to the
  point where the functionality was added to a number of credential
  caches.

- People who are using MIT Kerberos directly with a Windows DC also might
  find it useful to delete a specific service ticket from a credential cache,
  for the same reasons that Samba finds it useful.

If my logic is wrong or not compelling enough, fair enough.

--Ken