Not building kcpytkt/kdeltkt

Sam Hartman hartmans at debian.org
Wed Aug 4 12:27:42 EDT 2021

    Ken> Thanks for the info, Sam!

    Ken> But the fact that krb5_cc_remove_cred() is used by Samba
    Ken> suggests to me that kdeltkt might be useful on other platforms,
    Ken> especially if you're using a Windows DC?  It looks like kcpytkt
    Ken> functionality already exists in other tools.

I'm struggling to come up with much of an opinion on this.
I wouldn't be an active supporter in a consensus to expose this, but
don't object at all.
If it were shipped, I'd install it for Debian.
I don't know that I'd write a man page (As Andrew pointed out Debian
considers it a bug not to have one), and if I did write a man page I
certainly wouldn't do it in nroff so I wouldn't do it in a form that
upstream could take.
I don't think it's useful enough that I'd merge a Debian local patch to
include it.
(I realize no one is proposing doing that, but it's an easy metric for
me to consider in terms of thinking about how important an idea is).

I hope that if youfind a couple more people who say it would be useful
to ship, Greg would decide to take the patch.
It sounds like you ar saying it would be useful, and the strongest
objection I'm hearing is a desire to get a bit more confirmation of
utility.

--Sam