Not building kcpytkt/kdeltkt

Robbie Harwood rharwood at redhat.com
Tue Aug 3 11:37:41 EDT 2021

Ken Hornstein <kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil> writes:

>>> I mean, fair enough ... but how did you test those backends?
>>
>>krb5's test suite covers them:
>>https://github.com/krb5/krb5/blob/master/src/lib/krb5/ccache/t_cc.c
>
> I _did_ see that, but it only covers MEMORY, FILE, and KEYRING.  It
> doesn't cover, for example, KCM, DIR, or MSLSA (although I am not sure
> the test suite works on Windows).

The KDC isn't built for Windows, so the test suite in full won't work
there.  Whether any parts would is a question I am the wrong person to
answer :)

DIR is implemented in terms of FILE - a pass-through.

KCM just sends commands to the daemon, and there's a REMOVE_CRED
command.  So it'd be more a test of the daemon than the ccache layer.

Be well,
--Robbie