MIT Kerberos using invalid in-memory credential cache

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Wed Dec 30 12:13:49 EST 2020

On 12/29/20 7:21 AM, Vipul Mehta wrote:
> I see that some fix has been done in newer version :
> https://github.com/krb5/krb5/commit/146dadec8fe7ccc4149eb2e3f577cc320aee6efb#diff-8f14845d698c6c1242bf1288e7bfec3db113dd57279601af016ec0df4a20949e
>
> Will it help ? How to debug this issue further in our service ?

It might.  One of the bugs fixed in that commit is that two simultaneous
references to the same memory cache would cause one of the references to
become a dangling pointer when the other is destroyed.  I'm not sure how
upgrading curl would lead to that scenario, though.

If you choose to backport this commit, note that it contained a bug,
described here:

  https://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=8771