Disable logging for krb5kdc

Дилян Палаузов Dilyan.Palauzov at aegee.org
Wed May 15 18:26:42 EDT 2019

Hello,

I thought that no default/kdc entry in the [logging] section of kdc.conf and krb5.conf will mean no logging.  Yet, krb5kdc writes to syslog or stdout (which goes to systemd/journal, where I can see it).

Please amend the documemtation for kdc.conf to state:
- what are the default logging settings if default is not specified, and
- how to disable logging for krb5kdc.

I think right now for the latter using /dev/null as DEVICE or in the systemd service file use LogLevelMax=alert.  But maybe there is a better way.

Regards
  Дилян