Issue with MIT Kerberos Documentation - Developing with GSSAPI

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Thu May 9 11:55:40 EDT 2019

On 5/8/19 10:46 AM, Frank Filz wrote:> I see the STREAM buffer type,
unfortunately, I have the wrap token
> potentially split across multiple buffers due to the way our network code
> handles the stream. I am looking for the best way to decrypt without having
> to do a data copy.

Yeah, the interface is designed for applications with specific packet
formats, not ones where a split could happen anywhere.

> If that isn't currently how STREAM works, would it be possible in the future
> to support an iov of STREAM buffers?

Possibly, though I can't promise anything.  The code to handle the
current contract is pretty complicated, and dealing with a split outside
of the data segment (inside the padding, for instance) would add a new
dimension to that.