Use GitHub Actions for builds

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Mon Dec 2 01:11:21 EST 2019

On 12/1/19 11:16 PM, Michael Mattioli wrote:
> I pushed a commit to my fork which replaces Travis and AppVeyor with GitHub
> Actions for builds.

I was just starting to look into Github Actions for krb5 over the long
weekend weekend, partly to see if I could be more successful at setting
up a MacOS job than I was with Travis.  Having a mostly-complete
baseline will save a lot of work.

If tests runs significantly faster than they do under Travis/Appveyor,
that may be a reason to switch over.  If they don't, and I can't get a
MacOS job working, I don't know if there will be a good reason to switch.

> - I had to remove the installation of slapd on the linux builds because the
> package it was trying to install was asking for user input which isn't
> possible in an automated environment. Despite removing it from
> installation, there are no errors in the three linux build variants.

t_kdb.py detects that slapd is not present and skips those tests.  The
skiptest contents in the builds generated by your branch says:

Skipped URI discovery tests: resolv_wrapper 1.1.5 not found
5808
Skipped LDAP KDB tests: slapd not found

while the Travis integration currently doesn't skip anything.  I will
look into why slapd can't be installed and why resolv_wrapper isn't found.

(Ever since we added "make clean" checking to the Travis job, it's a lot
harder to see what tests are skipped.  I might make the CI script
re-display the skiptests file at the end of the script to fix that.)

> - The Windows build is failing at what seems to be a syntax error
> somewhere? The output from the log where it seems to be failing is from
> this command: perl -w .\../util/def-check.pl private-and-public-decls
> .\../lib/krb5_32.def

This is probably a newline issue, since it's complaining about a
function name spanning multiple lines of text.  github's Windows runner
may have a preinstalled git with different default behavior.  I will
look into that as well.