Logic behind lib/krb5/os/k5_sendto()

Дилян Дилян
Fri Apr 19 04:49:15 EDT 2019

Hello Greg,

thank for your answers.  On Monday I asked, if k5_sendto receives an answer from a KDC, that the realm is non-local,
does it retry to the other KDCs, here asking the same process over a different transport protocol.

You answered, that on a client referral (KDC_ERR_WRONG_REALM) answer, k5_sendto() will return the error response, and
the higher-level logic will (if canonicalization is enabled) retry with the uppercased domain, which will contact the
same KDC.

If kdb5kdc determines that the realm is non local and no canonicalization is done or referrals are issued, does the
client / k5_sendto() retry asking other KDCs, in my case asking the same process over a different transport (UPD→TCP)?

Regards
  Дилян