Need suggestion/help in back porting the fix for vulnerability CVE-2017-7562 (backporting from Kerberos 1.16.1 to Kerberos 1.9)

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Fri Sep 21 10:18:00 EDT 2018

On 09/21/2018 02:04 AM, Shivakumar Nadarajan -X (shinadar - HCL
TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED at Cisco) wrote:> We are using Kerberos (version
1.9) in one of our components. We came across the vulnerability
CVE-2017-7562 being reported and fixed in Kerberos 1.16.1.

CVE-2017-7562 does not apply to version 1.9, so you should not need to
address it.

This vulnerability actually never appeared in any released version of
MIT krb5.  It was introduced on the master branch and then fixed before
the release of 1.16.  The CVE was assigned because the Fedora package
contained a backport of the feature before it was fixed.