Question on MIT Kerberos Library licensing

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Fri May 11 11:56:05 EDT 2018

On Fri, 2018-05-11 at 16:45 +0100, Eran Messeri wrote:
> Thanks for the quick replies both, I'll pass them along.
>
> I don't suppose anybody would remember who the original contributors are so
> we could get the clarification directly from OpenVision or whoever retained
> its IP portfolio?

A quick search on Google gave this:
https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapI
d=32475

"As of April 25, 1997, Openvision Technologies was acquired by Veritas
Software Corp."

Also recorded here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veritas_Technologies

Tracking down where they IP has gone is probably going to be hard
anyway due to the complicated history of this company.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Sr. Principal Software Engineer