Question on MIT Kerberos Library licensing

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Thu May 10 08:38:49 EDT 2018

On Thu, 2018-05-10 at 10:56 +0100, Eran Messeri wrote:
> Dear Kerberos Developers,
>
> I'd like to use the MIT Kerberos library in an open-source Android
> application I'm developing.
> However, the people who reviewed the licenses had some concerns/questions.
>
> Who's a good person to bring up these issues with? Is there someone on the
> development team that deals with licenses for contributed code in
> particular?
>
> I'm happy to elaborate on the intended use - it's not confidential, and
> pretty straightforward use of the Kerberos library.

Eran,
Maybe you can start by stating what License concerns were raised ?

The MIT Kerberos library uses one of the most liberal Open Source
licenses you can find, I am surprised if that's at issue, so I am
curious to know what's the perceived problem.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Sr. Principal Software Engineer