Development environment setup

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Mon Feb 26 11:10:35 EST 2018

On 02/25/2018 10:53 AM, Idan Freiberg wrote:> I’m planning to work on
Kerberos u2u support.
> I would like to have you advice on what is the best env setup I should do
> for development.

Kerberos developers usually work on a Unix-like system such as a Linux
distribution, a *BSD, or macOS.  The most recent versions of macOS
introduce some restrictions which we haven't worked around in our test
suite yet, so it wouldn't be my first recommendation.

We have some documentation about environment setup on the wiki:

http://k5wiki.kerberos.org/wiki/Building
http://k5wiki.kerberos.org/wiki/Test_suite
http://k5wiki.kerberos.org/wiki/Manual_Testing