Aggressive kinit timeouts

Jonathan Maron jonathan.maron at oracle.com
Tue Aug 7 06:46:54 EDT 2018

Hi,

  We have an LDAP realm setup that doesn’t communicate with a local LDAP DB, but rather goes through a number of gateways to access a remote LDAP resource.  This introduces some latency that at times exceeds 1 second.  That appears to be an issue - we often see authentication failures, possibly since the order of responses for repeated AS_REQ may be out of order?  Anyhow, we are definitely seeing auth failures, and the 1 second timeout appears to play a role.

  We are unfortunately still using version 1.10.  Has this issue been addressed in subsequent versions?  Is the 1 second timeout now configurable?

— Jon