Kerberos/Android

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at mit.edu
Tue May 9 21:53:22 EDT 2017

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 02:19:04PM +0200, Rick van Rein wrote:
> Hey,
>
> > Our dev team is currently trying to kerberize some client software running
> > on an Android phone (client side, the server runs on CentOS).
>
> Interesting, would you care to tell some more?  Open or closed software?
>
> > So can someone on this list give us advice ?
>
> Any such advice could not exceed the accuracy of your "grabbed stuff on GitHub"
> reference I fear :)

I can offer slightly better, namely that when I was on staff at MIT,
we hired a contractor to port MIT krb5 to android, which resulted in
https://github.com/cconlon/kerberos-java-gssapi and
https://github.com/cconlon/kerberos-android-ndk .  I didn't get a
chance to try them out and review them, myself, but it is somewhat
more reputable than "random stuff on github" would otherwise need to
be considered.  I do know of a couple of projects of varying
seriousness that built off of those.

-Ben