upgrading kdc from 1.9 to 1.16, things to worry about?

Chris Hecker checker at d6.com
Sat Dec 9 22:57:36 EST 2017

I need to update my kdc finally to get access to a couple new features, and
because duh.

My KDC uses the LDAP backend.

- I was not planning on updating slapd.
- I was going to back up and everything, of course.
- I assume I need to copy the latest kerberos.schema over. It looks like
it's just a superset of the old one.

Is there anything else I need to look out for you guys can think of when
doing this update?

I have some patches that add minor features I'll have to port once things
are up and running smoothly, and I'll finally contribute them back like
promised to this list and Greg 5 years ago.  Oops.

Chris