Implementing a KDB plugin

harsh savla harsh.savla at gmail.com
Thu May 5 17:25:03 EDT 2016

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the fact that the user's password won't
be transferred plain-text or even encrypted over the wire.

I was thinking along the lines that the security blob (encrypted using the
user's password as a key) received by the krb5kdc service on user login
will be passed to the cloud service via the kdb plugin. The cloud service
then passes this blob to the AD (Windows Active Directory) service. AD, as
it supports Kerberos, will have the long term keys stored for all the
users. So it should be able to authenticate the blob.