Expired Krb5 TGT prevents GSSAPI from calling SPNEGO plugins

Adam Bernstein abernstein at vmware.com
Tue Mar 1 18:23:09 EST 2016

Hi Greg,

The change you checked in fixes expired Kerberos credentials preventing
plugin mechs from being executed.

During my testing, I believed I encountered a case where leaving the
Krb5 mech OID in the mechs_array broke plugin mechanisms, which is why I
coded my patch to leave out the Krb5 mech OID.

However, I've re-tried testing without either of our fixes, and manually
set "status = 0" in the debugger after the failed call to "status =
mech->gss_inquire_cred()". Manually forcing a successful return after
krb5_gss_inquire_cred() returns allows the SRP plugin mech to work.
Removing the Krb5 mech OID from the mechs_array is not required to
resolve this problem.

As your fix is checked in and works for the issue I reported, we will
use your change, as it is an officially supported GSSAPI change.

Thanks for looking into this issue,
Adam