Kerberos transport DNS record design

Brandon Allbery ballbery at sinenomine.net
Wed Jun 1 11:42:39 EDT 2016

Discovery sounds right to me; using your own example, discover the KDCs available in the local realm --- or some other realm. It's a matter of whether you think of a KDC as defining the realm, or as a service of the realm; and to my mind, this seems more like the former with traditional KDC organization but the latter with LDAP backing. And I'd view this whole thing administratively as transitioning from the former to the latter, since if the KDCs define the realm then they should be known up front, otherwise you don't "know" the realm even if you have a name for it.