gss_store_cred and the gss_krb5_ccache_name

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Mon Dec 5 12:05:51 EST 2016

On 12/03/2016 04:46 AM, Sorin Manolache wrote:
> It seems that gss_store_cred does not store the credentials in the
> ccache whose name was previously set by gss_krb5_ccache_name as the
> default ccache.
>
> Could you please confirm that that is the case?
>
> Is it an intentional design decision or an omission?

That is the case.  gss_store_cred() needs a lot of attention; this and
other problems are noted in
http://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=8010 .

> And an unrelated question: is there a way to determine at application
> compilation time the major/minor/revision numbers of the krb5 library
> the application is linked with? Some macro for example, such that the
> application contain #ifdefs with branches specific to each library version?

There is not.  Every time we have talked about it, we have decided not
to do it.  One potential issue is that downstream distributions of MIT
krb5 sometimes backport changes to earlier releases when we do not.