Questions on gss_verify_mic_iov

Natalie Li natalie.li at oracle.com
Wed Sep 23 16:08:40 EDT 2015

Hi Greg,

One of the Microsoft engineers confirmed the following:

1) MS-RPC layer on the server should treat the Authentication Token
(i.e. MIC token + trailing zeros) in the incoming MS-RPC request as
opaque structure.

2) MS version of gss_verify_mic_iov (AKA  [MS-KILE] 3.4.5.7
GSS_VerifyMICEx()) successfully verify the MIC token even when the MIC
token w/ the trailing zeros is passed as function argument.

Can the checksum_iov_v3() be updated as we previously discussed?

[I'll forward you the email exchanges that I had w/ Microsoft separately.]

Thanks,

Natalie