Possible enhancement request for extra krb5.conf parameter support for kinit

Neng Xue neng.xue at oracle.com
Tue May 12 19:37:27 EDT 2015

Hi,

I am Neng Xue who works in Oracle Solaris Security group. Recently when
I was working on a kerberos related project I noticed that Solaris
kerberos has a quite handy krb5.conf [appdefaults] parameter support for
kinit command:

forwardable=[true | false]
Can forward tickets to a remote server.

renewable=[true | false]
Creates a TGT that can be renewed (prior to the ticket expiration time).

proxiable=[true | false]
Sets the proxiable flag in all tickets.

no_addresses=[true | false]
Creates tickets with no address bindings.

However, this solaris parameter support utilizes a set of solaris
specific profile interfaces, for that matter, I cannot create a pull
request directly using this changeset. I am wondering is it possible
that I can request for such an enhancement from MIT kerberos dev team?
Thanks a lot!

Best

--
Neng Xue