C99 Features

Danilo Almeida dalmeida at mit.edu
Wed Jun 17 21:13:40 EDT 2015

<quote from="Nico">
Both are fine when the sizes are naturally limited to small sizes, but this requires more review effort.  Alternatively one could have a macro to guard against unsafe array sizes.  I'd rather VLAs and alloca() were frowned upon (though not forbidden).
</quote>

I am not sure how such a macro would work.

Otherwise, I mostly agree with Nico, except that I am not comfortable with the "though not forbidden" part.  Nathaniel, do you have any performance numbers would help the case for the extra effort (and potential risk)?

- Danilo